Google has announced the launch of Bard extensions in English, allowing a new way to interact and collaborate with its chatbot. These extensions enable Bard to find and present relevant information from Google tools and applications such as Gmail, Docs, Drive, YouTube, and Maps.
The purpose of these extensions is to increase user productivity by providing quick access to relevant information while interacting with the chatbot. For example, if someone is planning a trip to the Grand Canyon, Bard can extract dates from Gmail emails, search for real-time flight and hotel information, and offer YouTube videos showcasing activities that can be done at the destination.
Another example of usage is in the workplace, where Bard can be used to search for a resume in Drive and generate a one-paragraph summary for personal introduction, as well as help in drafting a new cover letter with the chatbot’s assistance.
Regarding privacy and security, Google assures that app access is restricted and they are committed to protecting users’ personal information. Additionally, Bard now has the ability to verify the answers it provides, allowing users to search on Google to corroborate information and find additional content that supports or contradicts the chatbot’s statements.
These updates are made possible through the advancements in PaLM 2, Google’s powerful language model. The company has applied reinforcement learning techniques to further train the model and improve its responsiveness.
Source: No specific URL provided.
– Generative AI: Technology that uses artificial intelligence models to autonomously generate content.
– Gartner Hype Cycle: A graphic representation that shows the evolution of a technology over time, dividing it into different stages such as the peak of inflated expectations and the trough of disillusionment.
– Bard: Chatbot developed by Google.
– Bard extensions: New functionalities that allow interaction and collaboration with the Bard chatbot, obtaining information from Google tools and applications.
– Microsoft 365 Copilot: Microsoft tool that provides assistance in email writing.
– PaLM 2: Google’s language model developed to enhance Bard’s responsiveness.
– GPT-4: Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4, an advanced version of OpenAI’s text generation model.